Monday, April 5, 2010

Back Again

So I'm going to try and start blogging more.... it might be interesting stuff to read and it might be just plain boring with horrible writing (if you're a betting man, pick the second option). Well, if you don't already know, I graduated in December from the wonderful University of Memphis & Kemmons Wilson School of Hospitality and Resort Management. About a month ago, I started my first job as a college graduate. I am the new Marketing Coordinator for Ful and Count Me Healthy Jewelry.

Ful is a backpack/luggage company that uses music and Memphis as inspiration. So far I love it. The people are great, it's a laid back environment and I get to be creative every once in while. Every day is different, which is awesome. The only thing I don't love.... my wardrobe. As a poor college student, I had to cut back on a few things... fashion and beauty we're the first to go since I had a boy toy and I knew he hated all that jazz anyways. Now I'm working with these women who looked fabulous everyday. So Chase is getting mad because I'm spending more money on clothes than I probably should. And he's getting annoyed that it's taking me longer to get ready than before. He likes the "I can be ready in 15 mins" Paige and now he rarely sees that Paige anymore. I just can't go back to the old way though. When I wear one of my new trendy tops or my skinny jeans (which I never thought I'd purchase), I feel so much more confident. So, whether the hubs likes it or not I'm going to be shopping more than he's use to until I feel like I've got enough clothes for work. But hey, he can look on the bright side... my work clothes are the same as my going out clothes. So at least I'm not buying $300 suits and then cute clothes to go out in also.

The other company I work for is Count Me Healthy Jewelry. It is a company my boss, Chelsea Gossett, started. In just a short time it has expanded so much. She already has 7 different bracelets and more on the way! They are a great idea and I don't know why anyone wouldn't want one. I started using mine to count blessings and at the end of the day I would look and see how great my life is by all the beads on the one side. Well, I've now decided to use it for what most people probably do... for health. I'm going to count work outs per week. Shockingly, I've worked out the last 3 days in a row which is not normal for me. But working with these women who go to yoga and watch what they eat not for just diet purposes but for health in general has made me want to become more in shape as well. Luckily I have a husband and sister in law who are working out too so now I can have someone else to push me.

So Saturday, Chase, Angie and I played tennis and then went on a short jog after. After we did Easter with everyone Sunday afternoon, Chase, Angie, Jay and I played doubles for a bit and then Chase and I went on another short jog. Today I went on that same short jog after work and I was not feeling as great as I did the days before. I'm realizing now I should do a little bit of physical activity before I go jogging so that I'm more energetic. After the jog today, I played a little bit of b-ball with my hubby which was nice. I'm thinking the days we can't play tennis we can just practice getting me better at basketball and then go jogging after we practice so I'm a bit more energetic.

So right now, I'm hoping that the workout motivation hangs around. I would love to have a rock hard stomach for this summer but I don't know if that's going to happen. I really want to try out this Aerial Yoga my boss blogged about today (www.countmehealthyjewelry.com/blogs/cfm). It looks like it could be fun and peaceful. Midtown Yoga has classes but I have to take a 6 week series first.... so basically we'll see how much that costs. I'm betting I won't be afford it. Plus, they don't have the 6 week series coming up anytime soon so I bet by the time they do I'll have forgotten about it. I looked into buying the fabric and a video and setting it up at my home but that was at least going to cost me $70 and I don't even know if I like it yet. So if anyone knows somewhere else in town that does the aerial yoga, please let me know.


Well, I'm shocked I wrote as much as I did today. When I started I didn't think I had anything to write about. Well if you read all the way to this point, thanks and I hope you don't feel like you wasted 5 minutes of your life. Have a great week!

0 comments: